Happy Valentine’s Day to all you sexy fine people out there! At Hotel V, our motto (as you may or may not know) is “from Amsterdam with loVe“.
This is because we love Amsterdam, we love our guests, and we love to love. That sounds very cliche’d and commercial, and you know what? We don’t care. It’s true.
Anyway, what are you doing this Valentine’s Day? If you still are stuck for something special, here are a few suggestions, from us to you!
– Go to bed early. Boom-chicka-wow-wow. Need we say more? The most fun for the least amount of money! If this is your plan, you should definitely stop by Lite/Dark on the Utrechtsestraat first for their “Breakfast in Bed” box for just 25 euros. Who cares if it’s not breakfast time when you hit the sheets? Their box contains a small bottle of bubbly, 2 fruit shakes, 2 chocolate-chipped slices of banana bread, and 2 chocolate-dipped strawberries. Perfect to get you ready for a romp in bed, or to have for afterwards…even tomorrow morning if you’re in this for the long-haul (heh heh).
And since you’re heading to bed anyway, drop by http://www.210th.com/ if you’re the type that needs help with imagination in bed. 210th is full of tasty toys to share with your beloved.
– Romantic Comedy time! And that noise you just heard was a collective groan from the male population. But look guys, it’s ONE STINKIN’ DAY a year, you can at least put up with that right? Besides, if you watch a romantic comedy in the language of loooooove….for instance “Les amours imaginaires” which is playing tonight at The Movies, you’re killing two birds with one stone: the laughter angle, and the sexy French angle. You can’t go wrong fellas, this is the key to open those doors if you know what I mean. Nudge, nudge. Wink, wink.
– Wine & Dine. There are many restaurants in the city offering Valentine’s Day menus, such as the 4 course menu at the crazy but cozy Kitsch on the Utrechtsestraat, or have some aphrodesiac-inducing oysters at A La Ferme in de Pijp. Or go incognito at restaurant Bond in the Old-South. You can be James Bond, and make her your Pussy Galore! I’m sure that’s enough of a euphamism for you, so I don’t need to go any further, right? Right.
– GIMME SOME SUGAR! Oh hell. Just skip the meal and head straight for the best part: dessert. Sucre on the Amstelveenseweg has a ridiculously tempting dessert menu and a lovely selection of dessert wines that will leave you happily on your way to a sugar-high.
– Looking out for Numero Uno. So, you’re single on Valentine’s Day. It’s not the end of the world! Head to Mail & Female‘s online webshop or small shop on the Vijzelstraat for a little sumpin’-sumpin’ to take care of yourself. Don’t be embarrassed- everyone does it!
So where ever you are tonight and whatever you are doing with whoever, have a great Valentine’s Day!
-from Amsterdam with loVe